13 December 2009

It's just a little crush...

He's a year younger. He's driven and busy. He is optimistic and enthusiastic. He's artsy and incredibly musically inclined: he sings, dances, and plays the piano. He's talented. I find him strangely attractive...especially today. He intrigues me. He's quirky and he seems spontaneous. He's the kind I can picture dancing in the rain or through the aisles of a supermarket or the middle of the street. He gets endearingly emotional over the Christmas songs. He has a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

He has the most delightful smile. His whole face lights up. I feel a little giddy when he smiles at me. Today I was singing and I looked up from the music, his eyes were fixed and he was smiling...at me. Tingles and butterflies. Choir practice has become my favorite time of the week.

But it's just a little crush. He's not interested in me. He barely even knows my name...sigh.

Interesting facts:

He was in my institute class at SUU when I lived in Cedar City and now he's in my student ward in Salt Lake City.
He is an actor at the theater where my brother and sister-in-law work.

OK, that's really all I've got. He gives me a reason to smile, even if it's only once a week. He gives me something else to think about. He gives me glimmers of hope.

P.S. there's another guy too. He's adorable. He's sweet and easy to talk to. He's helpful and kind. He's younger than me too...though I'm not sure how much younger. Also probably will not go anywhere, but, you never know.

At least I'm making new friends and putting myself out there, right? I'm doing my best. I'm ready for something good, I'm ready for something new. I'm really, really ready to try again.

Oh, and, the FHE activity tomorrow night is Speed Dating. Yipee! Hahaha. I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment